Avengers Endgame Thoughts
It should be obvious at this point — this post spoils the entire movie and expects you to at least watch most of the movies before it.
That said, I wrote this while I also forgot to watch certain movies; particularly the Ant-Man and Captain Marvel ones. Keep that disclaimer in mind, I guess?
Avengers Endgame Complaints
This is actually a list of complaints, not a proper review or anything of the sort. Personally, I think Infinity War is significantly better compared to Endgame, and most of the reasons are listed below.
- Why is she so underutilized in this movie? Her absence in many pivotal parts in this story are so bad, it's like she's a DLC character in a game that's already done.
- They effing managed to travel back through time and they couldn't get her to help on this one? Because she has other priorities on other worlds? Really? And why wasn't that brought up again?
- They were about to wield the Infinity Gauntlet and its stones they've gotten from the time heist, so uh… why didn't anyone bother informing her about things…?
Timetravel and the Quantum Tunnel
- Oh nice, Thanos is defeated and now they have to restore the stones to where they were in order to bring continuity to the timeline. So uh, Cap, how exactly are you going to return the Soul Stone? Just getting there is one thing, returning the stone? What.
- On that note, if he lived his life normally in the distant past after returning said stones, that's basically saying he's essentially lived through all of that, along with all of the movies that have happened so far. That's impressive, how the heck did he manage to keep such a low profile all the way; especially in a universe with crazy amounts of surveillance and intelligence tech.
- To travel across time they needed Pym particles, their suits and at least a quantum tunnel to start the process. Past Nebula impersonated the present one and went back so she could open said tunnel to bring Thano—wait, so uh, how on earth did they manage to bring an ENTIRE ship and Thanos from the past to the present?
- Oh and for the above, really? They didn't bother securing the damn tunnel? That's some really shitty operational security.
Powerlevel Mismatch and Thanos
- Okay, you're telling me that a battle-hardened Iron Man, Captain America (now with the frigging Mjollnir) and Stormbreaker-wielding Thor are having difficulties against a past Thanos that didn't even have any of the stones. Really? Yes, the intensity of the fight is enough to break parts of the vibranium shield, but surely you can't say the same to past-Thanos.
- Okay, we have Captain Marvel now. I haven't watched her movie, but from what I can tell, she's immensely powerful—she could single-handedly bring the stranded ship where Tony was and bring it back to Earth, and she can willy-nilly go into planets and lasers and shit. Really? She still can't beat Thanos?
- Hell, add everyone up above, along with the Scarlet Witch and Strange and oh god, why is everyone having a hard time with this? Infinity War did this better since they were kept separate across many locations for good reasons. Now? Aww hell. wtf.
- The original gauntlet? Yeah, dwarven craftsmanship and magic and godly metal on their forge that can harness the power of a sun. Oh, Stark nanotechnology bullshit can do it anyway, can withstand two snaps and adjusts on the wearer's size? Yeah.
Oh and five years later and people are still playing Fortnite. Yikes.